September 29, 2004

Presidential Fax

This article disturbed me. It does not bode well that our two presidential candidates are this concerned about such a topic. Yes, I understand the importance of 'appearance' during a televised debate. However this is nothing more than gagging the press - something I expect in China, Russia, or Iraq(during Hussein's rule). Kudos to the press for refusing to go along with it. For me, this foreshadows a debate high on spin and polish but bankrupt on honest, thought-out, personal (gasp!) ideas from the candidates. Welcome to the new democracy, were your ethnic, social, gender, and age class is placated with a soundbite then ignored for 4 years.

I promised myself I wouldn't get worked up about this debate. So far all I've accomplished is wildly oscillating between indifference and despair.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home