April 14, 2003

Ack. What a day! I'm having a nightmare of a time getting Radio Shack to fix my cell phone. I gave them the phone on the 15th of march to repair and I've never seen it since. Everytime I call over there or show up at the store I get a different answer from someone. Today's saga included screaming at a Customer Service Representative just to get him to pick up a phone and find out where my cell phone is. The answer: in Texas, still being repaired. See, this is different from Friday when I was told the phone was repaired and en route to Falls Church, Va. Sigh.
In better news, last night's Dirty Three show was amazing. To say the band performed 'live' is an understatement. They owned that stage. Mick Turner is one amazing drummer! Some drummers are defined as good because they strap themselves to their drum kit as its lifted into the air and spun around, others define themselves by playing like each of their limbs belong to a separete person. I put Mick Turner in the latter category.

Here's a list of things given to me by my girlfriend's family this weekend:
A projection screen
8 mm film camera
(the rest are books. I'm looking the director you, Sam)
Oliver Twist
Anna Karenina
The Way of Lao Tzu
The Celery Stalks at Midnight
Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger
The Bhagavad-Gita
'Salem's Lot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home