October 07, 2004

Beantown Love

The second (and probably last) posting concerning our trip to Boston. Our first night there we meet up with one of my cousins. The thing is, she isn't really a cousin. Her father and my father were cousins, which makes us second cousins (thanks Genealogy.com). Despite their technical distance from our family tree their entire family - referred to as the Hunter clan - are exceptionally dear to my family. As a wee lad I remember a crazed anticipation would set in when told that a member of the Hunter family was coming to visit.

Two years ago I flew up to Rochester NY for Uncle Will's birthday party and that ranked as one of the top ten moments of that year. I spent most of the evening drinking and hit golfballs into the pool with cousin Eric, his future wife, and drinking buddies. The following year I took my future wife out to LA for Eric's wedding. The whole weekend - especially the wedding - was a beautiful event. One of the funniest events of this weekend was Kellie's son, Will Jr. (6 years old), making an open-field tackle on the future-wife during a game of beach football. This year, I considered the presence of the entire Hunter clan at my wedding a special blessing. Now, just last week, I got the privilege of spending time with Kellie on her home turf in Boston. Like a good wine, cheese, or any other rich and refined item, each meeting seems to get better and better as I get older and older.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home