August 20, 2003

"Direct to your frontal lobe"

So.... a while back we had our DirecTV installed at the new house. However, if it was up to the two goons that were responsible for installing it they would have rather just gotten lost (twice), been three hours late, and then gone home. Instead they were three hours late, got lost twice, and I had to listen to their supervisor lie to me (twice). Finally they arrive and commence to tell me they are going to install the satellite dish here, below the fence line and in the corner. Well, I come home two hours later to find the dish has, in fact, been installed over there, above the fence line and five feet from the corner.
It's not enough to take your lunch hour waiting for them, and then come back three hours later; you also have to baby-sit them. So what happens? Well the missus & I get served a "warning" from the Home Owners Association that our dish is in violation of their laws. In a helpful twist of fate, DirecTV gives you a thirty-day grace period to change where you dish is installed - free of charge. So this Wed. I am taking the entire day off to wait for the DirecTV sub-contractors to come out and re-set the placement of the satellite dish. Or at least try to.
As a side note: the missus and I (well, just me. she kept saying this wasn't a good idea) tried to lower the dish ourselves. It took most of the afternoon and two drills to get it off. Then took the rest of the day to get it screwed back onto the fence. With a signal of 45%. For those without the DirecTV experience, anything under 65% is very,very,very poor. You may as well start saving for cable. So I went out to 'adjust' the dish in hopes of increasing the signal. However after the slightest touch I reduced our signal to a whopping 0%. That's right "0%". So now the missus and I just read things: Newspapers, TV Guide, the backs of cereal boxes, our neighbor's mail. HA!
Good luck to Sam, Lauren Scattolini and Brian White on the beginning of their new school years. Pound those books!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home