June 07, 2005

Let's Go To The Movies

We rarely go out to the movies. HBO, then Netflix, allowed us to keep up with the cinematic arts without leaving the house. Therefore, it's astonishing that I would see not one but two movies this weekend. Friday, the sister-in-law and I took in 'Sin City'. It was noirish, pulpy, graphic, and visually stunning. Great stories, even better visuals; I'm certainly excited at the idea of 'Sin City 2' and 'Sin City 3'. The following night the wife, sister-in-law, and I saw 'Revenge of the Sith'. Another visually stunning movie - albeit different from 'Sin City'. It was amazing to see scenes that colorful and detailed knowing that they began on a greenscreen stage. Overall, a very good conclusion/precursor to 'Star Wars'. I was especially moved by Obi-Wan's rant after the final battle. I felt it tied well into the character developed by Alec Guiness. Good movies, great weekend!

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger SB said...

Sin City was pretty f'ing cool, wasn't it? I thought all the Sith actors seemed a lot more involved in the last half hour or so, though Obi-Wan was pretty much on the ball the entire movie.

I might have to see Sin City again soon though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home