May 09, 2005

So Nice We Drove It Twice

It being the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (BQE) out of the city. The wife and I were busy recapping our great weekend as we left that we missed the sign that read 'Verrazano Bridge/Staten Island'. The sign on the BQE that we noticed was "Staten Island' this way and 'Rte 78' (or something) that way. Not knowing that we must go through Staten Island in order to cross the Verrazano Bridge, I made a split-decision. Which sent us into Brighton. Brighton is a fucking terrible place to get lost in. The route back to the Verrazano Bridge is a sadistic maze; drivers are insane, people triple-park where-the-hell-ever. I give a big helping of 'screw you' for Brighton, except for the security guard at the Community College who gave us directions back to the bridge. He's a champ.

Once we are on the way back to the Verrazano Bridge things calm down. Which is when the wife realizes she left her purse in our friend's apartment in Brooklyn. So back to Brooklyn for the very last time. The last time because said friend is moving to Park Slope in two weeks. Which means we have a new route to travel to visit her, which I am sure we will get distracted on and drive right into a meat-packing district or the Hudson River.

4 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger SB said...

Maaan, after all that driving, I'd leave the wife with her misplaced purse if she made me go back.

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Jason said...

True. But then who would buy snacks for me at the service station?

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger SB said...

Good point. I guess they do have their uses. ;-)

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger I am a motorboat mom said...

HAY!

-said wife

 

Post a Comment

<< Home