January 19, 2004

New week, new ideas

So for quite a while now I've been telling myself that I should be doing more to advance my creative hobbies - photography, graphic design - and spend less time playing video games. It's not that don't like the video games I have (I do - esp. Simpson's Hit & Run). It's just that I think I took a piece of advice from a good friend a few years ago and turned it into a requisite part of my day. So what - you may say? Well when I spent a good 15 hours a week playing video games I think that's a problem. Especially when I've got better things to work on - like a professional portfolio, or, say a blog that needs updating.

I'd like this not be one of those New Year’s resolutions that get discarded around April. The wedding has given me a good chance to flex my graphic design skills by creating a save-the-date postcard, website, and invitations. Once those things get squared away it will really be up to me to devote time to polishing and learning new skills I can take to the work place.

Well time for a salmon dinner (I’ll explain why I know this during the next post)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home