December 08, 2003

Wedding Update! with Tina Fay....

well not quite but now that you are here you may as well read the rest.
Wedding related events are progressing nicely. We have a place, a photographer, a lighting designer (in place of flowers) and the bride-to-be has a dress. I am still without clothing but I'm sure that issue will resolve itself before the wedding. Aside from being responsible for the photographer (success) and the DJ (let's not go there right now) I also have the responsibility of being the enforcer. This part of the wedding planning is actually my favorite. I go to all the meetings and let the missus do most of the talking. Then we leave the place and are promised a proposal in a timely manner. This becomes a lie and the proposal never arrives in a timely manor. Now this is the part I like: I get to call and 'enforce' the promised timeline. I'll call up our potential service-providers and politely remind them of their promise of a timely proposal. And they are all apologies and excuses, which gives a nice power-trip high. Then the proposal comes (yea!) and then we see how much is costs (eh).
Still it's fun to be the hardass in these situations. People really seem to listen when there is thousands of potential dollars to be had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home