November 10, 2003

We played our last kickball game of the year. We, of course, lost but we played out best losing game all season. There were a number of clutch catches and outs as well as a lot of runs scored by us (4!). I was 1 for 1 at the plate with a double and 2 RBI’s; I made 3 outs, including the 3rd out with the bases loaded. All in all, if we had to lose at least we came away looking like a competent team. Kickball won't resume until the spring when we will switch (yet again) to another league. I am thinking about trying out another co-ed organized sport - flag football - but we shall see. Maybe I can do both next spring.

The wedding weekend was a lovely affair. Highlights were the actual wedding, dancing at the reception, hanging out with the soon-to-be-family, and taking the bride-to-be out for her 'bridal party". Now, I know that normally that is an all girl affair; however there were many things about this wedding that were not normal, such as the bridal party. The bride didn't want strippers, booze and anything of those things. So we devised an evening at the arcade for skeeball and video games. The BF of the youngest sister and I snuck away occasionally to play "Time Crisis II" and "LA Machine Gunners" - the latter being my fav. arcade game. And since I love video games and I don't know or particularly understand the groom I chose to hang out w/ the fiancé, sisters and younger sister's BF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home