October 16, 2003

Mmmm.....glass of milk.

Yesterday was a crazy day. Things at work have been hella-busy so when I come home it take me a good hour to unwind because I'm all pent up with go-go-go-ness. So what I didn't need yesterday was crazy drivers trying to mow me over in their massive, gas-guzzling machines.

There were two incidents - one where this dude nearly ran a stop sign - and almost collided with me - because he was too busy talking on his cell phone. The other incident involved this moron who went straight through the intersection I was attemping to cross over from the left hand turn lane. Now, I know I'm not the first person to complain about bad drivers/crazy drivers in the metropolitan DC area. However, I feel that these incidents are so easy to avoid. Simply slow the freak down and pay attention to where you. Look at the freaking pavement for the direction the lane is going; pay attention to the flow of traffic. If only the insurance companies gave you a reduction on you car insurance for every accident that you avoided would we be that much closer to a just world.

In other news, I went to a concert last night at the Black Cat. I meet up with some pals for the Pretty Girls Make Gravesconcert. And what a fabulous concert it was!! The band was so high energy and the crowd was really into every moment of the show. It was nice to get the 'rock out'; I these high stress days I need to remember that a little rocking out goes a long way to relaxing oneself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home