October 08, 2003

Well, after updating the missus' blog with some link and a nifty comments section I figure I should actually post in mine.

This past weekend I was in Delaware for some National Guard videotaping. The hours were not as intense as the previous trip, however there was a lot of work to be done. But who wants to here about that? We hit a cigar bar our first night in town. I smoked my first cigar then watched two bar fights break out around us. Rehoboth, Delaware is one classy joint during in off-peak parts of the year.

The ol kickball team is not doing so well. The Bobby P's have only mustered one win against our 4 losses. Losing wouldn't suck so much if the games were actually close. It's hard to stay excited about the game if your out of it in the first inning. Eh, whatever. It's supposed to be about the fun and the kicking.

Since I've been working these crazy hours I was able to take Monday off. And since it was Yom Kipper (it's a Jewish holiday; I'm not making this up) the missus was off as well. So we biked down to the local theatre and saw "Lost In Translation". At first I didn't really enjoy it, but since then I've been digesting it in little bits. First off, Sophia Coppolla gets props for making a movie without using trite scenes or quick, clean endings. Second the soundtrack was great, boasted many a cut by Kevin Shields/My Bloody Valentine. I wasn't all that bowled over with Bill Murray’s performance, it wasn't bad, but it wasn't "Groundhog Day". The part(s) of the movie that stuck with me the most were the scenes where the two characters are at there loneliest. While I wasn't that pleased with these scenes at the time of viewing, I'm started to recall them more and more, and really enjoy them. So I guess Ms. Copolla & crew got their message across. It’s definitely a movie that requires more than one viewing.

Bam! That's enough. Time to hit this with a spice weasel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home