October 19, 2003

I, too, now have a comments section on my blog. Lord knows why I even bothered to add one. It will only be used for three things: to point out my poor spelling/grammar, to point out what a goon/nerd I am, and to insult my football team, the Washington Redskins.

Speaking of the 'Skins, THEY SUCK. Oh.my.freaking.god. What is the O-line's problem. Here we are at week seven and the offensive line still doesn't get it: protect your quarterback. For weeks, every team they've played against has said 'it was too easy to get hits on the Patrick Ramsey (the QB); eventually the kid is going to get hurt.' And guest what? He finally did!

I certainly don't want to see anyone get hurt playing a professional sport, especially someone like Ramsey who has take crushing hit after crushing hit for the good of the team. But if this is what it takes to make coach Spurrier wake up. Then GOOD. Either the coach needs to adjust his protection on a play-by-play basis because lord knows putting a tight end or a 5'7, 235 lb running back against a 6'2 300 lb defensive end is not going to work -OR- he needs to start benching/firing the people responsible for protecting his quarterback. Any previous points (I hope) he has tried to make is not getting across. The entire team has looked sloppy (missed tackles, dropping passes) for the last three games but that's for another post. We won't even get into the 10.7 penalties per game.

The fiancé and I had a nice weekend up in Philly visiting her folks and parading the engagement ring around. This was our first trip with our new E-Z pass which eliminated waiting in the massively long queue" to pay tolls. What I like best about it is listening to the fiancé yell 'Suckers!" to the other motorists waiting in line as we pull away. A woman after my own heart indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home