December 02, 2003

The company I work for occasionally loans out certainly employees to a big name non-profit foundation in the city. I am one of the few employees that have television studio experience so I sometimes head over to this company's studio to assist in the filming of web casts. Like today I was asked to assist with a web cast that discussed the pros and cons of ordering prescription drugs online and from Canada. An interesting topic and educational, no doubt; exciting - not really. Tomorrow’s web cast, now that one will be exciting. Probably the most excited web cast that this company does in the next five years. Why? Because tomorrow's speaker is Bono (yes, U2's Bono). As if that wasn't enough all the international and local new bureaus have been invited to tape it as well. Of course even if I wanted to go and meet 1) someone famous (Bono) or 2) rub elbows with news media persons (CNN, ABC, NBC, NPR etc) I'm not available. Why? Because all this is going on at the same time I have my dentist appointment which I had to reschedule last week because I was ill. Sigh.

I guess it's better to have a full head of healthy teeth than to meet some famous dude from Ireland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home