November 24, 2003

"Waylaid"

If you were the same room as me this morning you'd hear this: *hack*cough*sniff*cough*cough*. Yep, I'm sick. I started feeling ill late Saturday night but it wasn't until Sunday afternoon that the fever and cough came on full steam. So I called in sick this morning to work. Which is unusual for me - I don't usually miss anything because of an illness. I must have some sort of complex because I always think that I'm not that sick I can’t go to class/work/social function. Of course this always made the illness worse turning it into something that hung around for weeks. I don't know when, but it seems I've strayed from that tendency. One school of thought is that it's better to stay home and rest up rather then pushing my immune system to the limit while it is trying to cure me of the virus The other school of thought is that I stay home out of respect for the public; contain the illness rather than spread it around.

Hopefully the flu shot I received a few months ago will speed my recovery. I certainly don't want to be ill during Thanksgiving. There is so much going on: Food, hot tub, food, touch-football, food, dessert and food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home