August 17, 2004

Structure & Order

It's become entirely too easy to forgot my day-to-day responsibilities. Sure, at the start of the month we worked hard moving in and organizing the house. Who's to say it was wrong to take a break and replace organizing and working with TV and video games. Now, as the wife prepares to return to work, I need to remember for the next 9 months to use my time for tackling more daily chores - dishes, dinner, bills, cleaning - and less virtual missions and levels.

Am I giving up recreational activities - Hell no! I do however need to set guidelines and limits for myself. Otherwise I tend to get "immersed" in leisure activities and let responsibilities slide. Also I would like to train up on certain post-production tools, thus making me a more marketable person in my field. I'm not always going to have the free time to do such things in the coming years. Like they say, no time like the present.

I'm sure this seems rather structured, ordered, even dull. Of course, it's not for everyone. It is, however, what I feel works for me at this point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home