February 11, 2004

Home Alone

Since I had to work over the past weekend I was allowed to use some comp. time today. So I had the day off. I still got up at the same time (7:15am) but that's okay. I got to finish reading the chapter I'd started last night in this book, eat a leisurely breakfast of eggs, toast, bacon and wash it down with coffee and plan this weekend's Valentine's Day event(s). The last activity is the most important aspect of my day since I noticed - today - that my original Valentine's Day plan (which I thought was a damn sweet lock) is on a Saturday and not Sunday like I first thought. And that is bad because my fiancé will be at work on Saturday. So nuts to that. But I've got a new plan hooked up and it's all good.

Thanks to everyone that weighed in on my previous post. I guess I should have just chilled out about the whole situation and remembered that just because I make one choice doesn't mean everyone else should make the same one. Looking back I think my frustration came from the fact that we were a production team and that everyone on that team should have done what's best for the production as a whole (i.e. not getting drunk the night before). And while we were off the clock such actions could have a direct effect on the production. However since there was 'no harm/no foul' then I really shouldn't worry about it. After all, even if it had seriously compromised the production what could I have done about it? I'm not a manager.

Lessons learned. Hu-zah. Time to go cook the chicken's that have been marinating all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home