April 05, 2004

"Not The Face!"

The F and I went kitten shopping this weekend. One of the first stops was at a Pet Co / Pet Land / Pet Something in Falls Church. We found ourselves a nice 2 year old cat. The history was a bit sketchy since he was found, wounded, along the side of the road. Still he was adorable; he had some wild tiger-like markings. We got to hold him and play with him for a bit. We were about one minute from taking him home when a minor hell broke lose.

Like most stores, this Pet Something allows owners to bring in their pets - like dogs. Well, two dogs started barking at each other which freaked out the cat. What did it do? Well, it sunk both it's paws (with claws) into my face. One of the claws came alarmingly close to my left eye. While slowly taking each claw out of my face the owner tried to make the most of a hopeless situation. Ultimately, F decided that we should not get a cat that goes for the face. To which I agreed. Even though we left without a kitten, I didn't go home empty-handed. I walked out of the store with four evenly-spaced puncture marks on both sides of my face which I wore for the rest of the weekend.

So, if you are a cute kitten that does not go for the face, please deposit yourself on our doorstep. Otherwise, sod off!

>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home