March 22, 2004

Cakes By Madonna

With both the F sick and the F's mother in town it was a low-key but (none the less) good weekend. One of the more exciting events this weekend was the double-feature of "Tremors 2" and "Jaws" on late night television. More exciting than that was the free cake we had for lunch.

Our cake decorator / designer / maker - Stephen - made a house call for the cake tasting. The cakes were very good and the price was right so we signed a contract and threw down a deposit. When I wrote Stephen the deposit check I noticed that his last name was 'Ciccone'. Jokingly I ask if he was related to Madonna. To my surprise, he said 'Yes' and explained that he and the Material Girl share a great-grandfather.

So when y'all come to the wedding this July you will be eating a cake made by someone related to a famous person. I have now set the bar for weddings considerably high. If the rest of your crazy bachlor/ettes don't have at least one famously-related person provide a service at your wedding I might not come. Just thought I'd give you fair notice.

>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home