November 12, 2004

Got Sweet?

Saturday night I took the wife to see Matthew Sweet (Girlfriend; Sick of myself) at the 930 club. Mr. Sweet put on a good show. However, the highlight was his mid-90's radio hit 'Sick of Myself'. With its snappy lyrics & guitars that crash down like avalanches it was the highlight of the evening. Sadly, this high water mark came in the 1st 15 minutes of show; the rest of the evening paled in comparison. Fortunately I had Matthew Sweet's fan base to entertain me. There was the body-double for Homer Simpson wearing a Mr. Sparkle t-shirt. This prompted my wife to decree that my Mr. Sparkle shirt (a gift from her) could never be worn again. Then there was the 40 something dude behind us that backed the band on air guitar. His repertoire included the windmill and walking backwards whilst playing.


Ahh...air guitar.

3 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger SB said...

Dibs on the shirt.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jason said...

When I die, my friend. When I die.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger SB said...

Hmmm.

Hey can you meet me tonight at midnight at the old abandoned and condemned bandsaw factory? The one that was closed because all those workers mysteriously got killed? It's in Maryland. Don't bring Dawn. Bring the shirt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home