February 03, 2005

Stated

We watched the State of the Union last night. I never expected to agree with anything said. However, the broad outline for the privatization of social security piqued my interested. I've read a lot of articles about how the system simply will not support future retirees'. I was glad to hear that someone is offering a solution to the problem, rather than just lamenting it's status. Then I started to read articles. I read this but dismissed it as sour grapes. Then, I read this and began to think differently.

So now I'm back to zero. Zero things that impressed me about last night. Furthermore, I was severely disappointed that the president used a historical event to further an agenda of hatred and segregation. His views on homosexuals invalidates his claim of respecting a 'culture of life'. You can not segregate people in and still value life. That makes your a hypocrite.

For more hypocrisy, read this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home