January 14, 2005

Apocalypse Ahora!

This week brought two signs of the impending apocalypse. WHFS - the pioneering sound of alternative music in DC and host of the inimitable HFStival - is no more. If you turn to 99.1 FM you get not alterna-rock but espanol. I tuned in this morning and laughed out loud. It's very surreal.

The second sign is that I - he who fears energy drinks of all kinds - had one and lived to tell about it. I didn't go blind, sprout a mutated appendage, or collapse from cardiac arrest. Plus it was rather tasty. Chug it!

1 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger SB said...

No more HFS?? I made fun of them on ocassion but I always appreciated the music, man. That sucks! -1 point for DC.

-10 jillion points for Infinity, but that doesn't even need to be said. God Bless Corporate Radio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home