January 10, 2005

Catastophie Averted

Saturday afternoon I got a call from the wife who was at work. She had forgotten the pizza money she'd collected the day before and asked if I would run it up to her school. For some reason that seemed good at the time, I decided to take our cat - Bean - along for the ride. If this isn't illegal - it should be. Having him in the car was a distraction for me. I was always checking to see where he was; keeping him from climbing over my arms so he could see out the driver's side window; pulling him off of the dash. To my relief, he curled up on the passenger seat for the ride home.

In no way do I blame the Bean for his behavior. This is all on me. It certainly was dangerous to have him roaming around the car without a passenger to keep him in check while I negotiated the streets and highways. Not the smartest thing I ever did but it turned out okay in the end

6 Comments:

At 2:55 AM, Blogger SB said...

You are such a doof.

That is all.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You should get him a harness and leash and tie him to the passenger side seatbelt (or a back seat seatbelt) so that he can walk around his seat and that's it. That's what I do with my kitties :-)

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Jason said...

I've thought about a leash and collar. It would come in handy for car rides, and we could take the Bean with us on walks around the neighborhood. However cats on leashes conjure images of the three nihilists and their pet ferret from 'The Big Lebowski'. That’s not a good look my friends.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't think most cats actually will walk on leashes so that problem/fear would be averted :-) Lizzy just prefers pretty much ANYTHING to her carrier but is too big of a wuss to actually set her paws on the ground outside, and Lea really just walks enough to find somewhere to perch and "look cute" so that people will come over to fawn and pet her :-P

So really they just come in handy to keep the cats from walking all over you while driving, from trying to sit on the steering wheel and to ward off the howling from within carriers that will turn you mad in about 10 minutes.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger SB said...

But maaaaan you better hope your horn doesn't get stuck on, because cats HATE that. Seriously.

Also, a cat on a leash is like a dog driving a car. Ain't natural, son. But it does look pretty funny and nihilistic.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Haha! That made me laugh outloud Adam. Now my office mates think that I'm insane ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home