June 29, 2003

Hmm....nice new interface, blogger. Blogging was suspended for a day so they could improve the site, which was one of the reasons why this blog wasn't updated since Tuesday. Let's get caught up, shall we? After many happy apartment dances - and with a copy of the lease in hand - I am settling down to the idea of the missus & I's new place.

Friday night and Saturday afternoon there was rehearsal for Godspell instead of rehearsing lines and songs and such we worked on props and scenery. We set up a huge canvas backdrop and painted it. I was amazed at how fast everyone worked. In three hours 10 people threw down a primer base then began painting out the blacktop portion of the backdrop. The next morning they tackled the brick part and then threw down more lines on the blacktop area - and still finished early. Tre impressive, esp. since the backdrop was approx. 40 feet x 30 feet.

Sunday was a bit slower. Slept in, finished the 1st book of the Dark Tower series - The Gunslinger - by Stephen King. I've gotten in this trend of re-reading books, which is unusual for me. In some cases I'm re-reading books I read only a few years ago. However in this case I read the Dark Tower series in high school (1994-ish). Since then King published the fourth book - the Wizard and the Glass - which I've never read so when I get around to that it will be a treat. Still, I feel bad sometimes that I'm re-reading books since there is so much great literature, both past and present, that I've never read. Maybe after this series I'll return to reading books I've never read. Of course, by then the third installment of the Lord of the Rings trilogy will be upon us and I'll want to re-read that book as well.

Short work week, which is always welcome. However, I almost rue it since I'm racing to meet a project deadline at work. Notice I said 'almost'.

Norah Jones' "Come Away With Me" is on the stereo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home