June 15, 2003

I hope everyone had a good father's day weekend, and that you called your dads. The weekend was crazy-mad busy. Some people from work - including I - got together and 'bought' a small section of farm in Bull Run, Va. What this gets you is crops! Lot's of green leafy veggies, eggs and sometimes cheese and/or fruit. We got our 1st shipment of the season this week. I enjoy participating in this 'crop share association' for two reasons 1) it's much cheaper than buying it from the store and 2) it forces you to learn how to cook things. Now, normally I wouldn't know what to do with 2 pounds of chard but thanks for the farm's website I discovered that you can sauté it stuff and make it rather tasty.

Sat. morning saw the continuation of the musses and I hunting for a place to live. We found two-level town home in Arlington that was not managed by a freak so we filled out an application. We find out this week and the an ti ci pa tion is killing us. We find out on Thursday if we beat out the other applicants for a the place. Sat. evening was spent celebrating mother's birthday. The musses and I, along with my sister and her boyfriend (in town from NJ) went with the mom to Wolf Trap for an evening with the NSO.

Sunday - more house hunting, then over to mother's for nice lunch. Mom made a toast to our dad's in honor of father day. I was stuck by this because everyone at the table no longer has their father in their life. My dad died in 1997, the musses father died in 2001 and the sister's bf’s father was absentee since the bf's birth.
I had anther kickball game this evening and for the first time we didn't lose. We tied the other team. The important thing is that we didn't lose.
Time to wrap this up. cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home