July 03, 2003

Huzzah for the long weekend. 4th of July weekend has officially started - and I couldn't be more pleased. Even though it was a short work week I'm spent. A combination of rehearsal (no surprise there) and a towering deadline at work. Also I ended having many a late night. There was a fight with the missus about wedding ideas as well as watching one too many Outlaw Star episodes on the DVDs that Bryce lent me. But enough about concerns and worries.

Very excited about Raf's 4th of July party tomorrow. He promised that I could eat my weight in hotdogs, which I may just try. The missus and I were originally scheduled to leave town for the weekend. She'd made arrangements for us to house-sit in Allentown PA. One of her relatives - who has a pool and a grill - said we could come up and swim while they are away. However, what was not said was that we could start inviting people down from NYC which the missus was doing. So we 86'ed the idea. Mostly because of the no-permission issue but also because we could really use a weekend of r-n-r.

My package from Amazon finally arrived. So I finally have a legitimate copy of the Broken Social Scene's "you forgot it in people", as well as the recent Four Tet and Prefuse 73 cds. Gibberish, I know. But, hey, who says that downloading music from the internet doesn't spur records sale.

I'm having trouble remembering what I did for the 4th of July last year. I wasn't dating the missus just yet; I think I attended a house party in Del Ray, Alexandria, ate a lot of watermelon and drank even more beer (11 to be exact) then went home and threw it all up. Sam, maybe you can help me out - did I do the 4th of July with you last year? Or were you scouting places to live in SD? Everyone have a safe and pleasant 4th of July. And if you see any terrorist kick 'em square in the balls! Do it for Uncle Sam...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home