April 27, 2004

April Brings Bridal Showers

The F had her bridal shower in Philly this weekend. It was splendid, we got lots of presents, and she was pleased. I'm not going to go into details here since she has a blog and can write about it there. I'm just going talk about the weekend, which swung between being quiet and hectic - but in the good ways.

The trip up was rather unpleasant. My allergies acted up most of the way and we followed a storm that traveled north for the duration of the trip. By the time we got to Philly I was tired and zombie-fied (from the allergies) which caused me to forget my manners when we shared a bit of news with the future mom-in-law and I didn't get the response I expected.

However I tried to make up for it the next day by being extra nice. While the bride-to-be and her mates went shopping I let the mom-in-law hide in the basement with me when her parents harangued her too much, as they are wont to do from time to time. I switched between the NFL draft and re-runs of SG1 and Babe.

Sunday was the day of the shower but before that the bride, her mates, and I played a few rounds of frisbee golf down at the local park. Then come the shower and all the hectic-ness of having to be re-introduced to relatives I'd meet at some point before. I wonder how many times I can get away with not remembering if someone is an aunt or a cousin before they start punching me in the face.

>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home