April 12, 2004

"You Are What You Eat"

I do apologize for the lack of posting last week. A couple of pressing matters reared their heads and had to be slapped down. Some of them make for interesting reads which might be posted this week. In fact, here is a good one:

Community regulations 'forbid' taking the trash out to the curb until the morning. Still most people take their trash out the night before, once it is dark. We fall into the latter category, typically. However one night/day last week we did not. So with coat on and bag lunch in hand I head for the door when I remember I forgot the trash. I head into the kitchen and grab the trash bag. As I head out the door for the second time I notice that "F" has kindly bagged up the bathroom trash (but selfishly not taken it out when she left). So I re-shuffle kitchen trash and bag lunch to accommodate bathroom trash. Then I notice the stack of out-going bills on the table. Again, I re-shuffle kitchen trash, bathroom trash and my lunch bag to make room for the mail. Finally, I'm out of the house. I stick the mail in the mail box, and to my relief, drop all the trash which has gotten damn heavy during my walk to the curb. I hop in the car and I'm off to work.

As I grab my workbag & gym bag out of the backseat I realize that I'm missing my lunch. In fact, I had thrown it out with the trash! Cripes! So I drive back to the apartment and rummage through the trash bag piles on the curb. Right as I find my lunch bag, one my neighbors exits his house. So I do my best to pretend that I didn't just dig my lunch out of the trash - and that someone witnessed it - and drive back to work.

On the positive side, I was only 30 minutes late for work that day.
>>>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home