August 24, 2004

Keep It In The Family

The wife and I had our first visit this weekend to her extended family as a married couple. Other than that small piece of trivia, it was the same casual event as before. I spent most of my time on the couch watching sports with her uncle and watching DVDs with her oldest cousin.

I know a fair share of married couples who's SO is not warmly welcomed by their in-laws and have heard of the considerable trouble that can cause one's marriage. The wife's extended family has always made me feel welcome in their respective homes and I must say that is certainly a blessing. I can imagine only a few things more stressful than traveling hundreds of miles to a destination that you dread and are not welcomed at. I consider myself blessed that I have married into families that are both good people and good to me.

I am beginning to suspect that I actually enjoy the visits to her family more than she does, but I'm not about tell her that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home