February 16, 2005

Love & Marriage

This weekend, and Monday, held many love and marriage related events. Friday night I had my first 'bachelor' night as a married man. I downed burgers and beers with another married man, an engaged man, and another fellow deep into a serious relationship. This night also was my 7 month + 1 day wedding anniversary.
Saturday and Sunday saw valentine's day preparations by both the wife and I. However, Saturday night held the best news of all: my sister got engaged to her beau of 6 years. We are still gathering details but so far Dan - the fiance - played all the right cards. He provided a weekend away at a B&B, an endless supply of flowers, and a box of chocolates in which the ring was hidden. Kudos to you, Daniel; Kudos to you both.

Since the wife is busy polishing the high school musical at her job we postponed a Valentine's Day trip out of town. We did, however, exchange gifts. She got two tickets to the upcoming Finn Brother's concert and I got a 8 x 10 picture (one of my favorites) of us at our wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home