February 17, 2005

The Gym

Part 1: Why Skipping the Gym is Bad

Last Friday I skipped out on the gym. I didn't plan of skipping out; it just happened. And I nearly paid a steep price for doing so. Before I hit the gym I made a stop at CVS. I needed something, anything that would measure liquid in milimeters so I could give out our sick Bean the appropriate amounts of his medicine. CVS does not have these things on the shelf. However, they have great pharmacists. After walking up and down aisles in vain, I asked a pharmacist where I could find such a device. Instead of simply telling me that CVS doesn't sell anything like that (which I later learned), she went the extra mile and gave me a 1 ml. syringe from behind the counter.

As great as that was, the drive to the store and my wondering with in consumed 25 of 60 minute lunch break. I got back in the car, debating the up's and down's of an abbreviated workout. The debate consumed so much of my attention that I sailed through a red light at a four-way intersection, much to the horror of the other driver's and nearby pedestrians. Lucky and fortunately, I did not cause an accident.

I have learned an important lesson from this experience. That any amount of working out is good, and skipping the gym is very, very bad for your health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home