March 10, 2005

Highs & Lows

I am making things very stressful at work. I experience these euphoric highs and panic-stricken lows of self-confidence. There are days when I walk into work half expecting a notice of termination on my desk. That is curious because I've yet to be given any explicit criticism about my work. However on such days I am always looking for veiled threats or hidden criticism about my abilities. I have my theories on why I get these mood swings about my profession, however I am loath to say, for fear that if I speak it, it will be true.

My quarterly review is approaching. I am actually looking forward to it. In my current state I feel that I can't correctly gauge how valuable my work is to the company. I find that alarming because it means I am losing my objectivity; my control. That is not good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home