May 22, 2004

SOLD!

The crazy yard sale is done. Mom's community had it's annual big yard sale today. We put mad stuff out for sale and people bought it up like mad. Almost every big ticket item - TV cabinet, coffee table, bedroom set - was sold. The little stuff didn't sell so well but most of it was junk, honestly. Still, we made over $200 which will go directly to the wedding fund.

You'd think that after that the selling would be over! Wrong! After packing everything back into the garage we trekked on over to the CD Celler in Falls Church and I sold mad cds, purchased 4 used cds against that sale and still got $50 back. That $50 will be added to the wedding fund as well.

Big ups to my bud Bryce for helping me set up and hanging out. Without him it would have been a difficult time moving all the big furniture. He saved the day, for sure. Plus I wouldn't have had anyone to pass the time with by talking about video games, movies, and gossiping about people we knew in high school but don't talk to anymore.

Since I got up at 6 am (arg!) on a Saturday (sacrilegious!) I'm going to pass out on the couch. Or failing that, the floor.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home