June 08, 2004

Escape From New York

No, this isn’t about that movie. Although if this weekend was made into a movie I would want someone other than Kurt Russel playing me. This weekend was all about being quick. We left DC on a train under the cover of 5am darkness arriving in NYC before 10 am. Once we arrived at our destination in Brooklyn we began cleaning house and garden. The F was throwing a bridal shower for this gal at a friend’s boyfriend’s house. So we swept floors, hung Christmas lights, de-weeded a garden, cleaned walks, and mowed grass over the course of 42 hours. Once the bridal shower began I split for Manhattan, meeting my sister and her beau at Other Music. Around 6pm the shower ended, and the F and I raced for – and barely made – the 7pm train out of town…roll credits and cut!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home